Latvian Society for the Study of Religion 2nd International Scientific Conference
BETWEEN EAST AND WEST:
Youth, Religion and Politics
16-17 October, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Latvian Society for the Study of Religions in cooperation with the University of Latvia and Daugavpils University announces the international scientific conference “Between East and West: Youth, Religion and Politics”. We welcome both junior and senior scholars from a wide range of academic disciplines and fields which highlight interconnection between youth, religion and politics. Papers could include different epistemologies, varying theoretical backgrounds, qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and a wide range of empirical data.
Suggestions for contributions include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical and methodological issues relating to intersections between religious studies and youth studies – Role of religion in shaping political understandings of youth – Religiously inspired political activity of young people
- Sacralisation of the youth cultures
- Youth and religiosity
- Youth in searching for new models of religion
- Dynamics of religious radicalization/universalization of young people – “Youth religion” as a distinct religious consciousness
- Political discourses of “youth religion”
Presentation should last 20 minutes with 10 minutes for discussion. Papers are invited in English.
Submission of proposals -June 1, 2014
Notification of acceptance -June 15, 2014 Publication of the program – September 15, 2014
If you have questions concerning the academic program or the general organization of the conference, please contact the Latvian Society for the Study of Religions by mail: email@example.com
The title of your paper
A short abstract (about 200 words)
70 EUR Before 1st of September, 2014 by money transfer
100 EUR In cash at the registration desk
Payment for accompanying person(s):
35 EUR Before 1st of September, 2014 by money transfer
45 EUR In cash at the registration desk
The costs of travel and lodging should be covered by the participants.
The conference fee can be paid by money transfer before 1st of September, 2014 or in cash (not by card) at the registration desk.
Proposals for papers are to be submitted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org