Call for Applications
reference number 11/2017
The Max Weber Center for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies at the University of Erfurt invites applications for two full-time positions with the research project “Cities in the History of Religion”, directed by Prof. Dr. Jörg Rüpke, to be filled at the earliest possible date:
Pay category E 13 TV-L (100 %)
Area of Responsibility
• Taking part in the ongoing work of the research
• conducting monographic research highly relevant to the topic of “Cities in the History of Religion in the Roman imperial period”, with a focus on Religious Studies
• organizing academic conferences
• teaching load according to the Thuringian Guidelines (Thüringer Lehrverpflichtungs-ordnung), about 120 hours per year
Further information about the Max Weber Center and the Research Group is available at http://www.uni-erfurt.de/max-weber-kolleg/projekte/.
• Outstanding PhD degree in Religious Studies, Classical Philology, Ancient History, Archaeology, History of Christianity or related fields
• Active participation in the research project “Cities in the History of Religion” with a monographic research project
• Advanced English language skills (English is the working language of the project)
• Basic German language skills and willingness to teach in German
• Knowledge of the relevant source languages
To conduct research relevant for writing a habilitation thesis or other comparable qualification at the University of Erfurt in cooperation with the Max Weber Center, it is obligatory to be affiliated with the Max Weber Center as a full member (“Kollegiat”) and to participate in the Center’s interdisciplinary programme (in German and English).
As positions for academic qualifications, these are fixed-term positions that may be filled for a duration of up to five years depending on the legal and personal requirements according to the Law on Temporary Employment in Higher Education (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). The minimum criteria for appointment are set out in § 84 paragraph 4 of the Thuringian Higher Education Act. For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Jörg Rüpke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Erfurt is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with the Thuringian Equal Opportunities Act (Thüringer Gleichstellungsgesetz). Handicapped applicants are given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please submit your application stating reference number 11/2017 (incl. your CV, copies of your final high school and university degrees, a copy of your PhD thesis and up to three further publications) as well as an outline of the research project you would like to pursue (5-10 pages) as pdf-files by 30 March 2017 to:
The University of Erfurt does not refund any application expenses.