Religion(s) and Power(s)
Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
October 5-6, 2017
The Lithuanian Society for the Study of Religions in cooperation with Latvian Society for the Study of Religions and Estonian Society for the Study of Religions invites proposals for its upcoming international conference “Religion(s) and Power(s)”. To encourage new directions in the critical research of interrelations of religion(s) and power(s) from a broad range of approaches, we are seeking proposals on a wide range of topics including:
• Private and public religions;
• Religions and politics;
• Non-religion and power;
• Religious inequalities and discrimination;
• Religions, human rights and justice;
• Powers of/within religions;
• Religion and nationalism;
• Mythology, divine kinship and power;
• Religion and colonialism;
• Religions and education.
Other topics related to the conference theme are also encouraged.
Conference paper and session proposals must be sent by June 1, 2017.Please send your 250-300 word abstract and a 200-word personal bio to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important conference dates:
June 15, 2017 – submission of conference papers and sessions proposals;
July 1, 2017 – notification of paper/session proposal acceptance;
July 1, 2017 – opening of registration for the conference;
August 15, 2017 – closing of registration for the conference;
September 1, 2017 – announcement of the conference program.
Conference Registration Fees:
– Members of national associations of Baltic States associations for the study of religions – 50 EUR;
– Permanent/full-time faculty and non-affiliated participants – 80 EUR;
– Graduate students and emeritus faculty – 50 EUR;
– Late bird conference fee – 100 EUR.