An academic position in Christian and Islamic studies (1 EFT)
Vacancy Reference : 10731 / TECO 001 / 2017 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
The Université catholique de Louvain invites applications for a tenure track or tenured full time position in
Christian and Islamic studies
The successful candidate will carry out research in the field of dialogue between Christianity and Islam. He or she will have teaching assignments in both Christian theology and Islamic studies.
An university training in islamic studies is an asset.
Starting date : 1st September, 2017
Further information :
Professor Eric Gaziaux, dean TECO – firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Louis-Léon Christians, research director RSCS – email@example.com
Faculty of Theology
Tasks : the applicant will:
– be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
– supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD students;
– be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
– contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
– contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications : the applicant must have
– a PhD degree in Christian theology or any related discipline;
– a significant scientific record with international publications;
– either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside UCL;
– experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level;
– the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
– creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
– the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team;
– good knowledge of both spoken and written French and English. If this is not the case, the applicant accept to learn French and/or English in order to be able to teach in French and English within 2 years. Fluency in other languages is an additional advantage.