The BSA Socrel Study Group invites essay submissions on any aspect of contemporary religion addressed from a sociological perspective.
Final Deadline: 31 January, 2015 – completed submission form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Winner of the Prize will receive:
- A Free Day’s Pass for the Annual Socrel Conference 7-9 July 2015 hosted by Kingston University (worth £175)
– A cheque for £100 (sponsored by Taylor & Francis)
– A £50 voucher for books from Taylor & Francis (sponsored by Routledge)
– A year’s subscription to the Journal of Contemporary Religion
– An opportunity to get published in the Journal of Contemporary Religion
(subject to the JCR’s normal peer review)
– A second prize cheque for £50, if the judges decide that there is a runner-up
(sponsored by Taylor & Francis)
– The essay should be between 5000 and 7000 words, including footnotes and
bibliography, and must not be available in print/electronic format or submitted for publication elsewhere.
– The essay should be sole authored, written in English and submitted as a single MS Word document attachment, including bibliography and cover sheet. Failure to incorporate the cover sheet will render disqualification.
– Submitting authors must follow the JCR style guide, and the winning essay
must be submitted to the JCR within 3 months of being awarded.
– Submitting authors must be postgraduates and a member of SOCREL to enter.
– Application forms and further details are available from the Study Group
– Please forward electronic submission with cover sheet downloaded from the
Study Group website to Alp Arat (email@example.com).