The Ivan Varga Prize for New Generation Scholars
This award recognizes an outstanding new paper by a scholar who is at most three years beyond the PhD. It is named for our late Honorary President, Ivan Varga, who was well-known for supporting scholars just entering the profession. This is a monetary award, whose amount will be set by the ISA Board before the 2018 World Congress in Toronto.
The recipient is expected to present the paper at the World Congress. The Research Committee will assist the recipient in attending. The amount and parameters of this aid will be as generous as possible.
The prize was established by a gift from a donor who wishes to remain anonymous. It has been augmented by a grant from Springer Publishing.
Springer Publishing generously co-sponsors RC-22’s Ivan Varga Prize
Springer publishes several book series in the sociology of religion. They are:
- “Boundaries of Religious Freedom: Regulating Religion in Diverse Societies.” Series Editors: Lori G. Beaman, Anna Halaffof, & Lene Kühle
- “Popular Culture, Religion, and Contemporary Society: A Social-Scientific Approach.” Series Editor: Adam Possamai
- “Religion, Spirituality, and Health: A Social-Scientific Approach.” Series Editors: Alphia Possamai-Inesedy & Christopher G. Ellison
- “Muslims in Global Society.” Series Editors: Gabriele Marranci & Bryan Turner
- “Studies of Jews in Society.” Series Editor: Harriet Hartman
- “SpringerBriefs in Religious Studies.” http://www.springer.com/series/13200
Click the links above to see the details of each of these series. Please get in touch with the series editors if you wish to make a book proposal.
We will announce calls-for-papers, publications, etc. on our blog.
Thanks to Springer Publishing for their support!!